Thursday, 3 April 2014
Thank you very much to Maddie from Feeling Magenta for nominating me! Your blog is gorgeous and I think this is a great idea. Check out the blogs she nominated too to get more circulation going.
Here are the Rules:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
2. Answer the eleven questions the blogger gives you
3. Give eleven random facts about you, they can be anything!
4. Nominated eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them
6. Give them eleven questions to answer
QUESTIONS FROM MADDIE:
1. What's the story behind your blog name?
Do you know the song Time to Dance by Panic! at the Disco? Well, they were my ultimate teen crush and the line 'this is screaming photo op' just reminds me how when I see inspiring things that are all 'hellooo look at me I am so cool just take a photo already!' and that's how I got into photography.
2. Where are your favorite places to shop?
ASOS is queen of staples and hidden gems. They do the best jeans and sales. I also love OASAP for it's low priced unqiue pieces and Front Row Shop for it's edgy and modern style.
3. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Probably New York; it has to be ticked off the bucket list. I did a trip of the West last summer - San Fran, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion Canyon, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. But also Japan, I need to try authentic oriental food.
4. What is your "go-to" outfit?
High waisted jeans, tight top of some kind (white t shirt, crop), shirt over the top (+ jacket or jumper if cold) then black boots. My go-to outfits tend to be very black.
5. What book(s) are you currently reading?
I wish! But it's Easter so I hope to pick up something or read more over summer. Architecture and blogging tends to take over my life, if I still want to eat, sleep and have friends D:
6. Who is your favorite fashion icon?
Alexa Chung. I want to wear anything she wears and it always looks effortless. Although I wish she didn't feel like she had to be so thin, she may not be as tall as most models but she is gorgeous any form.
7. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee! I love mochas. A spoonful and a half of Kenco and 3 and half spoonfuls of Cadbury's hot chocolate powder and I am happy for the day.
8. What are your plans for Summer?
A week in South France, perhaps a job! I need to save up some money. I've also been thinking about Reading Festival as there is such a good lineup (Arctic Monkeys hnnnnggg). If not I might take a trip back to Sheffield to stay in my house for next year with my boyfriend and some friends as the rent starts in July, so might as well! The nights out in Sheffield are much cheaper than London and it has great vintage shops. Although I definitely need to hit up some galleries in London (my one true love)
9. What beauty product do you splurge the most on?
Mascara. Actually no. Models own lasts for so long! and stays on for days (cheeky) I haven't spent a lot on makeup recently but I'm about to run out of Revlon Primer and foundation so must get some more.
10. What is the last concert you've been to?
The 1975 at the O2 Academy Sheffield. Amazing live, I was so surprised. The atmosphere was incredible and I can't get enough of their album
11. What do you look for in a blog?
Good styling, good photography. If you want to show off your outfits, or whatever it is you do, your photos must be clear. Don't rely on filters, learn about photography! Remember, it's all in the lens. I only have a Canon 1000D (the cheapest of the SLRs) but I have a small metal adapter meaning I can use my F1.8 film camera (Olympus OM10) lens. It's 50mm but becomes about 85mm when placed on a digital camera. Harder to focus as it's manual but the results are much better. Feel free to ask if you have any technical questions :)
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS:
1. I met S Club 7 when I was five
2. Black and black and more black clothes
3. I am 5ft 6, do not let my heels deceive you
4. My Granddad was just in the film 'Quartet' playing his violin in scenes with Maggie Smith and Billy Connolly. You'll find John Georgiadis on IMDB!
5. I am one eighth Greek (hence the surname, the greek first name was merely my parents' preference)
6. My 12 year old brother has the same size feet as me (6.5)
7. I study Architecture at the University of Sheffield
8. I'm struggling to think of more facts
9. I have a scar on the back left of my body from an operation when I was a baby
10. I still like to play The Sims 2 (don't judge) (I'm an architect I promise)
11. Hats are great but it's always windy I swear
QUESTIONS FOR THEM:
1. What one word describes your style?
2. Where's your favourite place to eat out?
3. If you had to throw out all your clothes but keep one item, what would it be?
4. What's your favourite accessory?
5. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
6. Who's your favourite music artist right now?
7. Do you have a favourite cocktail or smoothie?
8. What's your dream party theme?
9. Are there any famous people you look like?
10. What hobbies do you have?
11. Do you have any pets, or would you like some?
Posted by Zoe G